Thursday, July 9, 2009

i'm in Korea, trick!

GOAL #1: learn a song in Korean

The first week here in Korea has not been bad. The other Fulbrighters are all nice people so we've been having a lot of fun. It seriously feels like freshmen year in the dorms all over again. The training hasn't been too intense either, although we have begun to take language courses. We have Korean from 9am-1pm every day. That's FOUR hours a day. Last semester I only had three hours of class a week. That's three hours a week verses twenty! I can't handle it.
Our dorms are freaking tiny though! They're like half the size of the singles we had at Pitzer. I've been sleeping a good amount. I was also able to adjust pretty much seamlessly. On the plane I stayed awake as long as I could so that I basically crashed after that until the plane landed at like 5am. After that my biological clock was pretty much set. I also got this sweet dog pillow that you'll see in one of the pictures.

my room (made complete with a frog doormat and a cornelius cornelssen the tenth)


my bed. and there's my cute little puppy pillow (who i am tempted to name "seoul train")


They made me check in my in-a-soft-case-guitar. I even had to sign a liability form so that they could not be held responsible if my guitar broke. Furthermore, the "fragile" tag has a picture of a broken glass. That inspires real confidence.


As a bonus, here are some of my last meals in Los Angeles:

monday: chili cheese fries (Hi Life)


tuesday: curry fries (B'mans)


wednesday: animal style fries (in-n-out)


thursday: fries (back at in-n-out)


friday: fries (mcdonalds at the airport)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Aren’t you happy you brought the guitar? They definitely know how to handle those fragile stuffs by tagging it with scary broken glass picture.
How lucky! They even give you a dog (looks like a pig though) & a frog doormat(are you sure it is a frog?)
So, if you miss American food, just look at the "fries"......
20 hours Korean lesson a week, hummmn, now you must appreciate that your mom had never force you study Chinese so hard right? How many extra hours you have to study and do home work?

Unknown said...

do they not have fries in korea?