Thursday, September 17, 2009

sultry

last monday, i found a cot folded up next to my desk. i couldn't remember if it was always there or not… anyway, it was also offered to me that i could go sleep in the dormitories if i wanted. waking up at 6:30 every morning is no easy feat for me. but i've been doing it. and i have never been more than 5 minutes late, which is pretty darn good. however, this has meant that by the time i get to school, i am spent. and since my earliest class doesn't even start until 10:30, i usually take naps every morning. today is actually the first day in the last 2 weeks that i haven't taken a nap. which is kinda ironic since my classes were canceled for today. maybe sleeping is kind of like a stress/dread reliever?

anyway, at first i was sleeping in my chair at my desk. mind you, we have nice leather chairs. like, i've never had a chair of such quality to call my own ever. eventually i moved over to the sofa. i mean, if i'm gonna sleep every day anyway, why hide it? at first i was sitting somewhat properly on the sofa, but now, i just sprawl out. i missed a teacher's meeting last week because i was napping. when my co-teach noticed i was missing, she asked my officemate if i was okay. he responded that he didn't want to wake me up because i looked so peaceful.

i'm certainly not the only one that sleeps at school though...


Mr. Kim and I got locked out of our office today. After 20 minutes of waiting around we started wandering. I find a volleyball and we start playing in the hall. it was pretty hilarious. I show him the wall-drill where you set against the wall. he starts chucking the ball at the wall and it’s flying towards him. he almost got hit in the face on the first one. I tell him to be gentle. so he starts being a little softer. as he’s setting the ball to the wall he kept repeating, “sultry, sultry, sultry.” OMG I died.

Mr. Kim got us locked out of the office, so I
punished him by making him do the wall-drill

sultry.. sultry.. sultry..

we had spaghetti for lunch one day. when i chose not to get any rice the other teachers thought it was hilarious. they started telling each other that i loved spaghetti. one of the teachers even offered me his portion. he was also the one who has a son that is 22 and has told me that i remind him of his son, so i guess that one makes sense.

what doesn't make sense, however, is how i've already seen my host brother naked twice. the first time he was just sitting in his room naked, after showering, so i saw the entire frontal area. the second time he was just walking down the hall naked. so i got to see his back area as well.


this one doesn't make much sense either. this woman is ridiculous. i go to school one day and find that she's rearranged her computer setup so that she can stand while she works instead of having to sit all day. a couple days later she comes to school with a stepper. now here she is working out as she works. or working as she works out.

revelation of the week: even in korea they make fun of female drivers. says korean father, "woman, back mirror, no look."

No comments: